Fumes and dust filters
Fumes and dust filters
Vertical bag filters have always been one of Poppi Clementino S.p.A.’s strong points
because the company has always believed in both their technical efficacy and energy consumption economy which are characteristic of this type of filter. Moreover bag filters with counter-current cleaning have completely substituted electro filters that no longer conform to standards in the majority of applications for reducing polluting fumes.
The correct size of the filter together with homogeneous dynamics of the internal fluids mean that the flow of fumes, suitably mixed with doses of reagent, can be intercepted by the felt bags without settling as sediment inside pipes or hoppers. The layer of material that forms on the bags has the function of a reagent and of a filter which is renewed at each cleaning cycle using a low pressure pulse jet system at set intervals or based on a pressure differential detector.
This process allows the purified air to go through the bags, reducing polluting dusts, fluorine, lead, etc., guaranteeing stack emissions that comply with the most recent provisions on the matter of anti pollution. The production range varies from circular or rectangular shaped filters with filtering surfaces of between 5 m2 to 2000 m2 and more, bags 1 m to 8 m long, reinforced filters for high pressure, cell filters for closed chamber washing, filters with side or top basket extraction (snap ring) or with twin baskets, automatic heating systems and insulation to avoid condensation forming inside the filter.
The use of bag filters finds numerous applications even in the case of simple dust suppression:
- in the ceramic industry: suction on presses and glazing machines, air purification of raw material storage and grinding departments.
- in the brick industry: suction of rolling mills for clay and dust from falling strips.
- in the cement industry: dust extraction from mills, silos loading, belt feed, pneumatic cleaning systems.
- in the woodworking industry: dust extraction from processing and cutting departments in concrete mixing stations: pneumatic transport, silos loading and de-dusting departments.
- in the plastics industry: suction of dust from pneumatic transport, falls and belt loading, room cleaning.